Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Quality Vs Quantity


The world we live in, can be such a fast paced place. A place where so much is disposable. Where many choose quantity over quality. So I ponder, how do we slow down, and get back to more of a simple life style? We may wish we could change the world, but that is most likely not going to happen. (at least not quickly, if ever.) We can however, make choices in our own homes, that make a difference. We can choose to recycle. We can choose not to waste the gifts God has put in our lives. When I say gifts, I am referring, not just about material items, but time in general. Everyday that we wake up, and are healthy, is a huge gift! I think if we will set boundaries for ourselves in all areas of our lives, and then be willing to adjust them as needed, we can fine tune our own lives to fit the lifestyle, each of us want to live. Of course, that lifestyle is different for everyone, based on personal preference. Some of the things, I try to include in my own life, is being frugal with my resources, making healthy home cooked meals for our family, and using organic items as much as I can. When planning our weeks, I try to include activities for my children that will not only be educational, but expand their horizons of the world we live in. I think, planning is huge in living a good life. I now plan menus for two weeks at a time, and it makes shopping easy, saves money, and I never have to wonder what is for dinner. I do the menu in pencil, that way, if we want to adjust it, it is easy. This morning we made strawberry jam. It was surprisingly easy, and Megan really enjoyed helping me! One of the things I have learned, is that a little effort, can make a huge difference! So I like to try new things, and believe that we are never to old to grow and learn...so long as we can keep an open mind and heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment