Friday, August 7, 2009

Childhood memories

A few weeks ago, our family took a little trip back to western, Kansas. (where my husband grew up) We stopped at the Sternberg museum in Hays, Ks. Justin (our three year old) loves dinosaurs, so this was a great time for him. In fact, he was in heaven, until a huge T-rex began to move! :) Justin moved along very fast after that. As a mother, I believe it is my job to not only create a wonderful home environment, but to help my children create childhood memories. I think it is the little touches we can add, that can make childhood a magical place. For example, we took the children to Walt Disney world this year, and later in the summer to a camp ground to stay in a little cabin...guess what they said they liked more??? Believe it or not, it was the camping. It is the same at Christmas when you buy the costly gift, and the children instead play with the big box it came in. Proof that money does not buy great childhood memories. So it is my goal as a mother, to try to come up with ways to share the simple pleasures this life has to offer with my children. In hopes, they in turn will share the simple beauty one day with their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment