Saturday, August 22, 2009

The loss of a dear friend~



Yesterday, my sister in law, called to let me know that one of my dear friends had passed away. Her name was Geneve, and I lived in her basement apartment in Colby, Ks. for about three years. In that time, I spent a great many hours up at her kitchen table, visiting about life. Geneve was full of wisdom, and shared a great deal with me. (she would have been in her mid to late 70's when I lived there.) I had never before had someone that advanced in years as a friend, although, I was so very blessed to call her friend. Geneve lived a long life, full of love and heart ache. Her husband had died when she was still a fairly young lady, and she never remarried. The last few years of her life, she did not feel well much of the time, and I am pretty sure that she was ready to go. I believe she is with God now, and her loved ones who had passed on before her. I was blessed to have known her, and enriched by the stories she shared with me about her life. Although I am sad to never get to see her again on this Earth, I know that we will meet again one day, and she is in a much better place. I will always love her, and she will live in my heart for all of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment