Thursday, August 27, 2009

Children in the Kitchen~


One of the things I like to do, is to bring my children into our kitchen from time to time to "help" prepare a meal, or bake a special treat. They love to measure ingredients, stir batters, add seasonings and so on. It does make the meal prep time a bit longer of a process for me. However, it is good, not just because they enjoy helping and spending time with me, but they also are learning to cook! Cooking is something that I hope all of my children will be able to know how to do, and do well. Not only does cooking save money, but you control the ingredients that are going into your meals! Even little Justin (my three year old) likes to help with making lemonade or iced tea. Giving children little jobs will help to raise their self confidence and Independence. I think it is far too easy in our society to forget we are our children's main teachers in life. I believe is important that we parents, try to make time to teach our children skills that will help them when they are grown.

No comments:

Post a Comment