Sunday, August 9, 2009

Quality Time Can Enrich the Soul...

The world we live in can get very busy at times. Just taking children to activities and outings can be almost a full time job in itself! I think everyone, no matter what they do in life needs to take a little time, often, for themselves in order to gain perspective on their daily goings on. I have found when I do take a little time it refreshes me greatly. Sometimes the time is spent in prayer or meditation, other times I read, or write, or paint. I notice when I just spend maybe a half an hour alone, I am a much happier mommy and wife and friend. I have also found that when we have "Family Day" (on Sunday's after church) our family is much closer. Sometimes we do grand things, such as travel, and other times we have a picnic at the park, or go to the library, or even just play a game of cards together. It truly does not matter what we do, the point is spending time together. So when we are making up our weekly schedules, lets remember a little quiet time for self, and some time set to spend with those we love. It can truly enrich a life.
Yet the news about him spread all the more, so that crowds of people came to hear him and to be healed of their sicknesses. But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed. Luke 5:15-16 (even Jesus took alone time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment