Thursday, August 13, 2009

Historic St. Augustine, Florida






This morning we got up, and did a little school work in our school room! One of the neatest things we came across today, was in our new historic places book, the first thing to learn about was St. Augustine, Florida. We were just there for a visit in May of this year. The children were able to see and learn about one of the oldest towns, and actually see many historic places while there. After our little school room session, we made beds, and tided the house. then for lunch today, we made pizza. This is usually our Friday night meal, but we will be gone all day tomorrow, so we had it today instead. Rather than making two pizzas today out of the dough, I actually made tomorrow's breakfast with the 2nd half. I rolled little pieces of dough, and dipped in butter, then in brown sugar and Cinnamon mixture, baked on 400 for about 12 min, and drizzled frosting over the top! Easy, and now we can eat and run tomorrow morning! I had to sample it, to make sure it was good...and all I can say is it is yummmmmmmy!!! I will post the recipe for the pizza dough. It is the one I almost always make, and it is good. Now the children are playing and coloring, and I am going to work on our family's never ending laundry. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment