Sunday, August 9, 2009

Is Cleaning Worth It???

Today I woke up and took one look at my messy house, and wanted to go back to bed and pull the covers over my head. I just needed some motivation to kick it in high gear and get to work. Then the words of my mother came into my head. She told me once to treat your home like a business, and work as hard for yourself as you would for anyone else. That is very good advice. So I drank my morning cup of coffee, and went to work. My three year old had drawn on the walls, so I got the magic eraser out, and scrubbed. Next I did my weekly de-cluttering, which means I throw away things we just don't need. (when I come across something someone else could use, I put it in a special spot, to take to Goodwill.) Then I put things where they go,dust, vacuum, do dishes, laundry and before I know it, my house is awesome again. One of the things I find that helps, is to have a well stocked cleaning kit on hand. Basically you need the right tool for the right job. A vacuum that you love is worth it's weight in gold. I like to use natural products when possible, although I still use good old bleach for disinfecting! For our kitchen and bathroom's floors, I now use a steam mop. The steam mop is chemical free disinfection, and you can wash the Cotton cover! Is this monotonous work...yes. Do I get sick of it...yes. Is it worth doing...yes! Keeping a clean house is more than for vanity, it allows us to live in a space where the children can be creative and happy, as well as myself and my husband. Some days are harder to get motivated, but the end result is so worth it. After all home is where the heart is! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment