Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Our field trip to Yoder, Ks.






Today the children and I took a field trip to Yoder, Ks. Yoder is Amish town, founded in 1889. They have a web page at http://www.yoderkansas.com My family and I enjoy going there, and just taking in the slow pace of life, that can be found there. Today we drove around the country for a while, and then went to eat at our favorite place, the Carriage Crossing Restaurant. (We even had pie for dessert!) It was such good food! Next, we went to the little post office there, and mailed a package. (When I say little post office, I mean little!) Before we departed the beautiful, peaceful little town, we stopped and purchased a jar of home-made jam, to give to my Grandma Kelly. It was a nice time for the children and I. If you are ever near Yoder, Ks. it is truly worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment