Friday, April 16, 2010

Granola Bar Recipe




Home made granola bar recipe~


I found this recipe on line, at one of my favorite blogs. I have changed the wheat germ to organic whole wheat white flour, but feel free to change it back.


In Kitchen aide or large bowl add the following

2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup unbleached (organic) flour
1/2 cup brown sugar (if you don't have brown, white will work)
3/4 cup chocolate chips or raisins with 1 tsp cinnamon (only add the cinnamon with raisins.)
1/2 tsp sea salt

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup honey
1 egg
2 tsp vanilla

Mix well and spread into a greased casserole dish. I remove my ring and pat this flat and even with my hands, as this is a very sticky dough.



It should look like this.


Bake 350 for 20-23 min.

Let cool, then cut into the bar shapes. You can freeze them, although this is my first time making them, so I have not yet tried the freezing method. I have however, tasted them, and they are very good! The neat thing is you can use organic fresh ingredients, and add what ever you like in them! Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to trying these! I made the Amish doughnuts that you shared the recipe for and they were so delicious!

    I found your blog from Teri's blog! :)

    Sweet blessings to you!
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderful that you tried the Amish doughnut recipe and loved it too! The granola bars are very good, and the fun thing is, you can add what ever you like to them! My children enjoy them a lot. Hugs and blessings to you. Juli

    ReplyDelete