Wednesday, February 17, 2010

We have had sickness in our home the past week. First little Justin got it, super high fever and terrible coughing. Then I got sick, not as bad as Justin though. Next came Megan and Lauren. Heres hoping that Steven and Tristyn don't get it. We were sick on Valentines day, so we kept it a pretty simple celebration. For Tristyn, I got him a Trinity hoddie. For Lauren and Megan I made them little hand bags, one for them, and one for their American Girl dolls that they got for Christmas. Steven had a box of Chocolate turtles. (His favorite) Justin got a little snow globe and a little bag of candy. Then for me a box of Russel Stover chocolates, which I shared with everyone. To add to everything, our center fan in our heater went out, so for a few days, we made due with our space heaters for heat. They were a blessing, but certainly not the same as our heater. I am making a big dinner tonight. Salad with home-made croutons and home-made dressing, my Mom's potoato cassorole (with fresh graded potatoes.) baby peas and Chicken for Steven and the younger children. For dessert we are having pumpkin pie. I don't always make such large meals, but once or twice a week I really like to.
Steven has been busy at work with his audit this week. I am trying very hard to get caught up with my laundry. I normally do around three loads per day, so being sick, really got me behind a bit. Tristyn will be going to Portlad to visit his Dad and family there for spring break. Steven and the youger children and I plan to visit Jamesport, Mo. with my sister Lori and her husband Pradeep. I am looking forward to that. I love the Amish shops they have. I will try to post a photo of the little hand bags I made the girls. I had not yet attatched the straps at the time of the photo, but they were done otherwise. The children and I are going to see my friend and her little girl in the production of Peter Pan this weekend. We are looking forward to the return of warmer days, so that we can get outside more again. Spring will be here before we know it, and I for one am ready!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment