Friday, February 26, 2010

Donuts & Coffee



This morning, for a little surprise, I made my family a batch of home-made donuts. They were awesome! I found this recipe in an Amish cook book, years ago. I have tried others, and always go back to this one. After they are done, they are dipped into a glaze. Today, I did half with regular glaze, and the other half I had added some cinnamon to the glaze. My favorite are the cinnamon glazed donuts. They truly taste like the donut shop's that I love so much. I am going to post the recipe for these tasty little treats, in case anyone else would like to try them. The donuts with a regular glaze, can be frosted with your favorite frosting, and sprinkled with colorful sprinkles. Just make sure that you let them cool and the glaze harden before doing this step.
Anyone who knows me, knows that one of my favorite things to drink in the morning is coffee. I just have to share my favorite coffee cup. What I love about it, is that it not only keeps my coffee warm to the very last drop, and is spill proof, but when I put my hot coffee inside and add the milk, and shake, it seems to infuse the coffee with the milk, in a way that mere stirring does not. It is like it steams the milk. I truly love this cup. Tristyn, my oldest child, said to me the other day, "you sure take your coffee seriously". I truly do love good coffee. My favorite kind is a Arabica blend that I buy at Aldi. It's brand is called Beaumont, and I love it more than other costly brands I have tried. I use 1 Tbsp per cup 6oz cup of water, and it always turns out perfect. What I like, is that I can brew 1 and a 1/2 cups (just the right size for my mug.) in order to just have a single serving at a time. I am the only one to drink coffee in this family, so I don't need a lot at once.
I am very thankful today is Friday! I like to do Friday movie nights with the children from time to time. I need to plan a movie for our family tonight. Tonight's dinner will be, seasoned navy beans, corn bread, peaches with brownies for dessert. I have a big pot of seasoned navy beans on my stove cooking right now. It makes the house smell so yummy. I have found when I have a menu made up ahead of time, that my life is so much easier, than trying to decide at the last minute what to make.
Little Megan stayed home from school today, due to the fact she ran a fever yesterday, and was throwing up all night long the other night. I am thankful she is well again, and how fast she has recovered! Megan and Justin are sitting at the table making pictures. It is nice that they are getting along today! :) That is always such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment