Friday, January 14, 2011

What I do all day...

I thought it may be fun to write a post about what I (as a stay at home mother) do in a day. I have a lot of people ask me what I do all day, so I thought I would keep a written example of one of my days. Each day is different, but this is a record of my Friday this week. :)

Woke a little before seven. (I got to sleep in this morning, because Tristyn did not have basket ball practice, normally I wake around 5:20 am)

I got Tristyn up for his shower, and put his clean uniform pants in front of his door.
Woke both Lauren and Megan and got gave them their uniforms to dress in for the day.
I helped both Lauren and Megan study for their spelling exams, and then quizzed them.
My husband fed the children their breakfasts, while I made three lunch's for school, and got the water bottles made up for them to take, made up my husband's tea and got it into his bottle to take to work.

Then made sure everyone had teeth brushed and hair styled. Put the lunch boxes into back packs along with water bottles. Put on their coats and said goodbyes.

8:00 am - 9:00 am
~Brewed myself some coffee and heated and frothed my milk for my latte. :) Drank my yummy coffee and posted a recipe on my blog for Amish friendship bread.
~Checked my facebook.
~Unloaded and reloaded my dishwasher. Disinfected my kitchen sinks and counter tops. ~Refilled my soap containers for my kitchen and bathrooms.
~Little Justin woke up, so I said hello, and got him his breakfast and milk. He is watching PBS kids so I thought I would quickly work on this post before getting back to work. ;)

9:00am-11:00am

~Made all of the beds
~Gathered up all dirty clothes to be washed
~Folded two huge baskets of clothing, and put away
~Sorted socks from the sock bin. (a place I put stray socks that I wash and every week, I find all the matches.)
~Bathed Justin
~Cleaned up the girl's room, and put away all stray toys and art supplies
~Recorded tasks on this post. ;)
~Got a hug from my little fella!

11:00am -2:00pm

~Took a little time to check out a few of my favorite blogs.
~Cleaned and disinfected both bathrooms.
~Emptied all trash cans and replaced the bags.
~Put a load of towels and the bathroom rugs in the washing machine.
~Cracked the ice into the ice bend, and added water to make more ice to the treys.
~Walked around the house and put away stray items in their spots.
~Vacuumed the upstairs.
~Had a coffee break. ;)
~Took a shower and got myself ready for the day. (blo-dry and makeup)
~Made lunch.
~Ate lunch with my husband and son.
~Cleaned up lunch, did dishes and wiped down table and counter tops.
~Talked on the phone for about 5 minutes to a friend.
~Put the laundry into the dryer, and started another load.
~Recorded my time on this post.


2:00pm-6:00pm
~Cleaned the basement & Vacuumed the entire down stairs (this took a good hour, as the children had everything a mess.)
~Put laundry away
~Fed the stray kitties that come around my back yard.
~Went to get the children from school, and brought home a friend of Megan's, for a play date.
~Baked an after school snack.
~Had a friend over to visit.

6:00pm-8:00pm

~Made veggie bean tacos and rice for dinner.
~Ate dinner with my family.
~Cleaned up the dinner mess.
~Picked up mess in basement from play date.
~Talked on phone to friend.
~Got some laundry from the dryer,put wet clothes from the washer into the dryer, started a new load of laundry.
~Folded the clean clothes and put them away.
~Spent a little time with Justin.

Now I'm calling it a night, going to get PJ's on and read a bit. ;) That was my day... :)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Juli...such busy days that you put in...such a blessing to have the energy to take care of it all! You are such a blessing to your family and I am able to tell that you truly enjoy being in your home and tending to all of those things that make your home say "Welcome" to your family...as well as friends! Thank you for sharing your day! Hugs ♥ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks for your kind words Teri. I truly do enjoy staying home and taking care of my family. I am not so young, as not to understand how fast the years go by, so I do try to see each day as a blessing, and I really do enjoy the transformation of a messy house to a clean one. :) Hugs Teri.

    ReplyDelete