Friday, November 26, 2010

What I'm reading right now...

I love to read, what a great way to expand your horizons, and a frugal way, if I may add. :) I actually like to read many books at once, but this is one that I am really loving.




Jonathan Bloom has a way of writing, that is just easy to read. His insights on waste in America cause a person to perhaps look at waste in a different light. I for one try not to waste, but even so, I hate to admit, I still do. At least when we attempt to counteract waste in our own lives, even if we are making baby steps, we are, none the less making progress. One way I try to counteract waste in my own little life, is to have a night where instead of making "new meals" we eat left overs. Also, before going major grocery shopping, I make sure to use up perishable foods before bringing in any thing new. I always feel badly when I have to throw food away, thinking of all the people in this world who don't have enough to eat. If we can embrace a frugal, less wasteful lifestyle, we can have more to help fund programs to help those in the world who truly need it the most. Even if what we can do is little, if everyone did just a little, it could add up to something big.

No comments:

Post a Comment