Friday, July 16, 2010

Our Gardens Gifts of Summer~




We have been very blessed this summer with more than enough tomatoes. Because we have more than we need, I had my husband take a huge bag of tomatoes to work, for anyone who could use them, to have. I also have shared them with a few friends as well. I have been making home-made fresh salsa, pasta sauce's, using them for salad and snacks, to go on sandwiches...basically every way I can think to use them!





Here is a photo of a simple pasta topping, using one large tomato. It was so easy, just dice the tomato, put in a pan over med. heat, add a little olive oil, salt, sugar, garlic, basil, and Parmesan cheese with black pepper to taste. Cook for about ten min, and pour on top of your favorite pasta. YUMMMMM

No comments:

Post a Comment