Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I cooked with our garden fresh pumpkin!!!






This morning I made my pumpkin bread recipe with a pumpkin that my husband grew in our garden! I thought it might be hard to do...but it was not at all! I am happy to report that this is the best tasting pumpkin bread I've ever had!

First I cut the top of the pumpkin off.



Next I cut it in half and scooped out the seeds with a spoon. (which I cleaned and have drying to make pumpkin seeds with this afternoon.) Then put it in a glass baking dish with about an inch of water.




Next bake on 450 degrees for 50 minutes. (this is with a semi-small pumpkin) The key is you must be able to pierce the skin with a fork easily.



After it comes out of the oven, let it cool off a bit. Then scrape the pumpkin into the blender and add 1/4-1/2 cup of water and blend and stir until smooth. Mine made about 16 oz. of pumpkin. (which is the same as a can of pumpkin.) Now you can use this to make what ever you like! My pumpkin bread recipe is on this blog, if anyone would like to try it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Juli ~ Such a beautiful pumpkin from your garden. Your pumpkin dessert looks delicious. I looked back and have saved your recipe! I am looking forward to making this. We both love anything made with pumpkin. ~ It makes me think of the Fall...which is my favorite season! Sweet weekend blessings! Love, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fall too! I think I must be in the mood for it, I've been baking a lot! :)

    ReplyDelete