Monday, February 14, 2011

New Pizza Recipe

One thing my family and I love to eat is pizza. I am always looking for new, yummy ways to make it. I found this recipe for the crust that I adore, and for the toppings a new twist as well. ;)

Pizza Crust Recipe:

2.5 cups of flour
2 Tbsp of sugar
2 1/4 tsp of yeast
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup warm water
2 Tbsp oil

Combine in the kitchenaide, with dough hook, or in a large bowl and need by hand. Press out dough onto your two pizza pans, let rest in a warm place for 15 minutes. Bake on 450 degrees for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and brush entire crust with butter. (I use smart balance 50/50) Then top with sauce, topping and cheese and bake until done. (around 10 minutes in my oven)

Now for the twists...I purchased a small round of Gouda cheese, and grated it. It is a great cheese to go on pizza!




One of the pizza's I used my favorite barbecue sauce, Gouda cheese and cilantro with little diced cubes of cooked veggie chicken. (Non Vegetarians could use the real thing.) This version of pizza was unreal yummy!

The next one I did with normal pizza sauce and half veggie and half peperoni for my hubby.



The next I did normal sauce with a three cheese blend of Gouda, mozzarella and a tiny bit of cheddar. (Did I mention I made one and a half batches of dough, so I had enough for three pizzas.) They all were a hit with my family. :)





Note, this dough would work great to do grilled pizza outside too.

No comments:

Post a Comment