Thursday, February 10, 2011

Creamy Veggie Chicken Enchilada Recipe





Veggie Chicken Enchilada Recipe


I tried a new recipe the other night that I really enjoyed, and thought I would share. I wish I had taken photos, but I did not, the next time I make them I will.


Step 1. Saute about a half a cup of diced white onion in about two tablespoons of oil, just until translucent. Then add about two cloves of diced garlic. (or two teaspoons) Add black pepper a pinch of salt and some cilantro to taste. Add veggie chicken (or real chicken) and a 6 oz can of tomato paste with 6 oz of water. Stir well and cook on med. heat for about 7-10 min.

Step 2. Heat a small carton of whipping cream...about 1 cup total. Add black pepper and a tablespoon of butter, heat and stir until butter is melted.

Step 3. Take your yellow soft corn enchilada shell and fill with chicken mixture, place in a casserole dish sprayed with oil, seam side down. Do this until you use all of your mixture.

Step 4. Top with the cream and monetary jack shredded cheese, you also can add green onion, black olives, diced tomatoes at this point if you like.

Bake on 350 for 20-30 minutes. (I did it for 30)

Serve with refries and rice, and your favorite salsa. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment