Monday, February 21, 2011

Heartwarming Oat Scones Recipe


This morning I awoke with a desire to make something special for my children for breakfast. I had seen this recipe on line, and thought I would like to give it a try. (And so I did) ;) Boy, am I glad that I did. It was not only easy, but really good, and it took no time at all to make. I served each child a scone with jam and fresh cut fruit and a choice of organic milk, or hot tea. (I of course had my favorite frothed coffee.) Anyways, I thought I would share this most wonderful recipe.

Oat Scones

1.5 cups of organic flour
1/2 cup of oats
1/3 cup of sugar
1 Tbsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of sea salt
1/3 cup of butter (I use smart balance 50/50)
1 egg
1/3 cup of milk

Mix together, then pat in a glass pie dish with just a little spray oil at the bottom. Soften 1 Tbsp of butter and spread on top, then mix together 1 Tbsp sugar with 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and sprinkle on top. Bake on 375 for 15-18 minutes. Let cool, then cut as you would a pie, and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment