Friday, August 13, 2010

Home-made Bread Recipe

This morning I made a loaf of home-made bread to gift to my parents, as well as a loaf to go with pasta for tomorrow nights dinner. Tristyn is coming home tomorrow, we will need to eat dinner when we get home, so I thought pasta and home-made bread with dinner salads, could be pretty fast, when most of it is made in advance! Later this afternoon, we are going to the little Amish town near our home to get some home-made jam to give to my parents as well. My parents just celebrated their anniversary and my mother's birthday, so we wanted to give them a little something. They don't like us to spend money, so we go the home-made route. Lauren even made them a card this morning, with a little help from my hot glue gun.

Here is a photo of the card.



Home-made Bread Recipe~

1 and a 1/4 cups of warm water
3 tsp of yeast (or one pkg will work too.)
1.5 Tbsp of sugar
1/2 Tbsp sea salt
1 Tbsp canola oil
3.5 cups of flour (I use 1 cup of whole wheat white, and 2.5 cups of unbleached organic flour.)

Use your dough hook to knead in the kitchen aid, or do it by hand. You will need to add a few extra drops of warm water to make your dough a soft ball. (just a little at a time though, because you don't want it too wet.)

Let it knead for 3-5 min.
Put in a greased glass bread pan and cover with a thick towel, let rise. (I like to spray the top with a little oil while it is rising.) Then bake on 425 for 25 min. Brush top with butter, cool and slice.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Juli ~ Such a sweet post! Be sure and tell you Dad and Mom...Happy Anniversary and to your Mom...Special Birthday wishes! Oh, by the way...enjoy the little Amish community! Wish that I could be there and go with you! Sweet and simple blessings for your weekend! Love, Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teri. I will tell them. I wish you could go with us too! We are going to look at Yoder furniture store as well, thinking about getting the girls bunk beds for Christmas. Hope you and Bill have a wonderful weekend. Love, Juli

    ReplyDelete