Friday, August 20, 2010

Cinnamon Crisp Recipe-Makes 24



I found this on one of my favorite blogs and thought I'd give these a try to go with our Sunday brunch last week...they were so delicious, I am glad I did.

Here is the recipe, if you would like to try them.

Dough recipe

3.5 cups flour
1 pkg of yeast (I used 3 tsp of yeast)
1 1/4 cups of milk
1/4 cups of sugar
1/4 cup of butter
1 tsp salt
1 egg

In Kitchen aid bowl (or mixing bowl) Combine 2 cups of flour and yeast. Heat milk, sugar, butter and salt, and then cool to Luke warm. Add to flour mixture and add your egg. Beat with electric mixer, or the silver Kitchen aid mixer attachment on low for 30 seconds and then on high speed for 3 minutes. Switch to dough hook for the Kitchen aid, or wooden spoon for the large bowl and add the rest of the flour.

Knead 3-5 min. (I let my Kitchen aid do this for me with the dough hook, on a low speed.)

Oil the ball of dough, cover and let rise 1 hour.

Punch it down and divide into two parts, cover and let rest 10 minutes.

Then roll both parts into 12 by 12 inch squares and spread on the filling, then roll them into logs (like for cinnamon rolls) and cut each log into 12 parts. (24 total)

Then cover and let rise 30 min.

Smash them with your clean hand to flatten and add topping

Topping
1 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup chopped pecans (if you like.)
(I did half with pecans and half without)

Bake on 400 degrees for 10-12 min. And make sure they are a little ways apart, and nice and flat.

They should look like this, before baking them.


If you like pecan sticky rolls, or honey buns, give these a try!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Juli ~ They look delicious! Sweet Sunday blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete