Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pizza Pockets

This morning Justin and I prepared dinner early. (Just in case I get the stomach flu, and can't cook later.) As of now, I am the only one in my family of six to not have the illness yet. Here's hoping it stays that way. I did deviate from our weekly menu, as I do from time to time. :) I used the pizza dough recipe I always use for the crust. Then separate it into two pieces, and roll it out. 1.) Top it with melted butter and your favorite seasonings. I use a Italian blend and Parmesan cheese. 2.) Add your pizza sauce. I made my own, but you can buy it as well. 3.) add your filling. In my first one, I used organic tomatoes and red onion.
4.) Add your cheese. I use Mozzarella and cheddar, you can use your favorite combo. Last, you fold it in half, and pinch the edges closed, there is your pizza pocket. In my case today, I sprayed the pans they sat on with a little spray oil, and the tops I brushed with a little olive oil, covered and put in the fridge for tonight's dinner. I am making salad and home made lemonade to drink.

Bake on 400 degrees and check every five minutes, to ensure you don't have a bubble forming. If you do, poke it with a fork and continue to bake. It is a good idea to cut a little slit in the middle before you bake, this helps to keep the bubbles from forming in the first place.





I want to show you a photo of my little helper, when we were all done. Can you guess who got a bath!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment