Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Organic Carrot Cake Recipe~

Today, I made a carrot cake using organic flour and organic carrots! Not like carrot cake is a health food or anything, however, I feel better when I use fresh organic ingredients where ever I can.





Start with fresh organic carrots!








The hardest part is grating the carrots, after that my mixer did the hard work!


Here is the finished cake...







Carrot Cake Recipe


1.5 cups sugar
1 cup canola oil
3 fresh farm eggs
1 cup whole wheat white (organic) flour
1 cup unbleached white (organic) flour
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp sea salt
5-6 carrots shredded (organic if you can get them)
Nuts are optional (1 cup)

Heat oven to 350 degrees and bake 35-45 min. until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Frost with cream cheese frosting, and enjoy!

I actually was too full from eating my dinner, and still have not had a piece of cake!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Juli ~ Your dessert looks absolutely delicious. I too, like using organic. I need to take a dessert to church Sunday evening...I may try this. Thank you for sharing! Hugs ~ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teri!!! :) I never did have any, but my family loved it!

    ReplyDelete