Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Our Pioneer Dinner~



The weather in Kansas is starting to resemble fall, my favorite season. The fall makes me want to make our little house cozy and filled with wonderful food. Tonight for dinner, we are have an old fashioned pioneer meal. On the menu: beans and cornbread, iced tea to drink with cherry pie for dessert. To really give it the "feel", I am playing music by an artist that is playing the fiddle owned by Charles Ingalls, during his life. This is the famous fiddle that Laura Ingalls Wilder wrote of in her Little House books. The music is truly beautiful. It was purchased when we went to Laura's home in Mansfield, Mo. last year. After the cherry pie was made, I had a little extra dough, so I let each of the children make a little tart to bake and topped it with cinnamon and sugar. They had a great time making them, and are learning to cook! Gotta love fall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment