Thursday, September 24, 2009

Easy home-made salsa


I was sad to see the last of our tomatoes from our little garden. My parents brought me a huge bag full of tomatoes from their larger garden when they came for a visit last weekend though! Last night I wanted some fresh salsa, so I thought I will just try my hand at making some. It turned out wonderful, and was so easy and fast to make! Here is the recipe if you would like to try it.

2 large tomatoes, diced
1 clove of garlic, diced
about 2 Tbsp diced red onion
about 2 Tbsp diced green bell pepper
diced jalapenos, to your own personal taste
2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
stir and bring to a low boil. Let simmer for about 5 min. Then let it cool and enjoy. You can put this in a blender to make it a smooth salsa instead of chunky if you like. I always do this, because my dear husband does not like it otherwise. (warning...let it cool before you blend it up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment