Friday, June 11, 2010

Our First Day of Summer Fun Club~


Today was our very first day of our summer fun club! Summer fun club is basically a version of home school done over the summer. I do lesson plans for each day. Today we started with prayer and read a chapter of the children's Bible. After that I taught the children how to draw a face. I got the instructions on a web page and taught them the basic format. Then we read two library books and did math worksheets. Later on this afternoon we are going on a little park play trip and then back home for what ever free play they would like to do. I don't like to keep things too structured, as they get plenty of that during the school year. I do like to keep them doing some of the things such as reading, math, handwriting, and add to them as well. One of the things the girls are interested in is acting, so I ordered a book, so that I can teach them the basics during summer fun club. Another subject I plan to work in, is organizational skills. I figure it is something they will need all their life, they should start practicing being organized at a young age.

We had a very nice vacation, and I do have photos to post. I will try to get those posted very soon. :) We have been busy pretty much every day we have been back. I'm hoping to fall into some kind of a routine now. Well, hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment