Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Help for tooth pain

I have a tooth in the back of my mouth that my dentist has tried to save, but about once every six months or so, it gets infected and hurts me as bad as child birth. No joke! Today was one of those days for me, and I was in tears with pain this afternoon. My mom (who is a nurse) told me to use some clove oil on it. I told her I had already tried so many things, like tea bags to help draw out infection, over the counter pain relievers, garlic tablets for the infection, and tea tree oil. Nothing even touched the pain today. I called my doctor who called me in an antibiotic, but it would take about a day to help me...I was not happy. I almost did not try the clove oil, because I figured it would not help. Boy am I glad I tried it. It took my pain level from a ten to a one in a few minutes. (it tasted horrible, but was very worth it for the relief it gave me!) I just put a few drops onto a cotton swab and put it between my cheek and gum by the infected tooth for a few minutes.

I hope no one else has to go through this kind of tooth pain, but if you do, it is worth it to try clove oil! Awesome stuff!

2 comments:

  1. Juli ~ So sorry about your tooth pain! So happy that the clove oil helped! Hope that you are all better today! Luv ~ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teri! I am just glad that I gave it a try. I have taken three doses of my antibiotic now, so it is much better already. I can see why people turn to clove oil for tooth pain, it really works!

    ReplyDelete