Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Let is Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow~


Today our little Kansas town is covered in a cold white blanket of snow. I love the look of the snow as it falls in fluffy white flakes from the sky. It just makes everything look so light and sparkly outside. I just feel so blessed to have a cozy little house that keeps us toasty warm. I could not resist lighting my favorite candle today to scent my house so nicely, and just sit and look at our Christmas tree aglow and the snow outside. What a beautiful day. I have been cooking lots of winter time meals to keep our tummy's happy. I made my favorite Potato soup and hot milk caked combo for last night's dinner. This afternoon, I made some home made hot fudge sauce to put on top of the left over hot milk cake. All I can say is it is beyond decadent. Sigh... No doubt I could not eat like this everyday and stay fit, but every now and then it is just such a treat. I will post the recipe's for my favorite potato soup along with the hot milk cake tomorrow. They are both so worth trying. I've been making them for over ten years now.
The children were out of school today, and have for the most part played nice with each other. :) We had been dealing with flu, but seem to be all better now! I am grateful for that fact. Christmas will be here before too long, and my husband and I are almost done with our Christmas shopping. We still need to purchase stocking items, but the big things are done! So bring on the wrapping and the bows, I am ready for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment