Saturday, November 7, 2009

Photo of our "cake" candle~


This week, we have had a lot of family fun. We have had park play dates, enjoying our beautiful 70 degree days! Library story time and oddleplex play. We have made a cake shaped candle. My husband and I had a dinner date. We found a new yummy and healthy recipe, called Cauliflower Banana Bread. You can't taste the cauliflower, and it uses some whole wheat flour. My friend turned me on to this bread and I am so glad she did. Little Lauren is reading the book Dick and Jane. I am reading her a little of the Kit Kitridge collection book every night before bed. She is finally old enough to enjoy it. :) I think that it is so much better than the movie they made. I will post the recipe, in case anyone wants to try this bread. When I had just heard her talk about it, I did not really want to make it...but when she gave me a taste of it, I could not make it fast enough. It truly is that good!

Cauliflower Banana Bread Recipe

3/4 cup wheat flour
1/2 cup unbleached flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup oil
2 eggs
1 and 1/2 cups banana puree
1/2 cup cauliflower puree (cook and then puree with a little water)
1 tsp vanilla
Add dehydrated cranberries (they kind of look like raisins, but plump when baked)
Add Chocolate chips
You can add nuts if you like also,I leave this out, because of an allergy.

Blend sugar, oil, puree's and eggs and vanilla. Then add dry ingredients. Bake on 350 in a spray oiled bread loaf pan for 1 hour or until the center is set.

No comments:

Post a Comment